Do you have appreciated stock in your portfolio? Would you like to make a tax advantaged donation to GO Campaign?
If you donate stock directly to GO Campaign, you bypass the capital gain tax and receive a tax deduction for 100% of the value of the stock. By selling the stock, you will pay approximately 30% in taxes on the appreciation, leaving only 70% for a tax deductible donation. What's more? You can also save by avoiding the federal Medicare surtax of $3.8% based on your income.
If you have held a security for 12 months or longer, you can donate stock to GO Campaign and receive an IRS donation receipt at full market value.
Donating stock is tax efficient and easy!
Here's how to get started:
1. Contact your broker.
2. Tell them you want to donate stock to GO Campaign.
3. Give your broker the following GO Campaign info:
- Clearing Firm: Fidelity Investments
- DTC #: 0226
- Account #: 645698436
- Account Name: GO Campaign
4. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for your full market tax receipt.
For more information on making cash-alternative donations, please email email@example.com.