GO Campaign is currently seeking a full-time Program Officer to manage our grants in Africa, Asia, and the United Kingdom. Under the leadership of GO’s CEO, the Program Officer will manage and evaluate a portfolio of grants to ensure grantees are in compliance with their grant awards. The Program Officer is the primary liaison with assigned grantees. The Program Officer is expected to develop and maintain relationships with a variety of grantees, and a knowledge base of current trends, activities, and changes within the community at-large and the international development sector. In addition, he/she will work cooperatively with GO’s other Program Officer as well as with all other GO Campaign staff. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication and analytical skills, knowledge of grant management practices, and will be a team player.
About GO Campaign: GO Campaign is a nonprofit public charity; its mission is to improve the lives of orphans and vulnerable children around the world by partnering with local heroes to deliver local solutions. GO Campaign connects donors to high-impact grassroots projects aimed at changing lives and transforming communities, one child at a time. We have approximately 50 active grants in Africa, Asia, and the UK in the areas of education & vocational training, care for orphans, health & safety, and enrichment.
Salary Range: $50k-$65K
Description of Responsibilities:
- Manage an assigned portfolio of priority grants and serve as GO Campaign's principal contact with these grantees
- Monitor grants in progress and review grants that have completed their grant period to determine if they have achieved their grant outcomes
- Keep GO Campaign staff informed about grants and initiatives
- Maintain strong rapport with grantees and keep informed on community issues and events that impact their organization or their grant award
- Assure that all pre-grant and open grant management requirements are met, including issuing of grant agreement, disbursing funds, and reviewing reports
- Analyzing financial documents submitted with grant reports to assess appropriate use of grant funds
- Ensure that grant files and grant database are complete, accurate and current.
- Assist with the communication of information about GO Campaign’s grants and their impact to various audiences
- Screen potential new grantee organizations in your regions to ensure that meet GO’s eligibility criteria
- Create and present grant docket to GO Campaign’s Board of Directors for funding consideration
- Commitment to GO Campaign’s mission
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; diplomatic, tactful, honest, and fair
- 1-4+ years of grant administration experience required
- Knowledge of program evaluation and experience communicating grant impact
- Well-developed research skills; the ability to synthesize new and complex information
- Ability to use sound judgment and remain objective
- Ability to interact respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and cultures
- A college degree
- Excellent planning, organizational, multi-task and time management skills
- Proven ability to efficiently and effectively handle multiple tasks at the same time
- Familiarity with technology, ability to learn and adopt new computer programs, and ability to effectively integrate that technology into daily work
- Keen conceptual, analytical, and critical thinking skills; an inquisitive nature
- Ability to find the appropriate balance between working within the team environment and working independently
- Ability to take ownership of the position and work with minimal supervision
- Commitment to excellence; self-motivated; and service-orientated
Please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please write Program Officer Application – (Your First and Last Name) in the subject line.