Last update: October 13, 2020
Our Privacy Commitment
GO Campaign respects your privacy rights and is fully committed to ensuring the privacy of all individuals sharing personal information with us, including donors and site visitors (“you”).
Personal Information We Collect
We do not collect any personal information unless you choose to provide it to us. Depending on the type of communication or transaction, the personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, contact information, credit card or billing information. We collect this information when you: (1) sign up to receive newsletters and other information; (2) enter contests and participate in various activities featured on GOcampaign.org, such as participating in discussions, sending electronic postcards or starting a fundraising page; (3) make donations to GO Campaign; (4) register at or for our events; or (5) purchase products through our Online Store.
You may use our site without registering or submitting any personal information. In that case, the only information we collect will be the log information our servers automatically record and that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. This log information may include your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request, the pages that you visit while on our site, and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser (please refer to the specific section related to cookies).
How We Use Collected Information
We process your personal information on the basis of:
- The contract entered into between GO Campaign and you, when necessary for the purpose of: (1) processing donations; (2) facilitating participation in GOCampaign.org activities; (3) processing your purchase made through our Online Store;
- Your consent for the purpose of storing cookies (please refer to the specific section related to cookies);
- Our legitimate interests for the purpose of (1) replying to a request you submitted to us;(2) addressing requested newsletters and other information, as well as electronic postcards; (3) processing your registration to events; (4) providing users of our site with a meaningful and personal experience; (5) complying with non-EU laws and responding to requests from, and other communications with, non-EU competent public, governmental, judicial or other regulatory authorities; and, (6) protecting our rights, property and security as well as the one of the users;
- Our compliance with the legal obligations to which we are subject.
GO Campaign will not use personal information you have provided for purposes other than those listed above without asking for appropriate consent prior to such use.
When you visit the site, we may send one or more “cookies” – small data files – to your computer that uniquely identify your browser in order to enhance your experience.
You can reset your web browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. In this respect, the following links provide instructions in order to manage your cookies preferences:
- Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences?redirectlocale=en-US&redirectslug=Enabling+and+disabling+cookies
Finally, you may visit www.aboutcookies.org, a website providing comprehensive information about how to manage your cookies settings on a broad variety of browsers.
We will retain cookies during thirteen (13) months from the collection of your consent.
Disclosure to Contractors
We require that these contractors (1) enter into a , and (2) not use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than providing us with products and services.
We will never sell, trade or share your information with any outside organization, company or third party except if required by law or for the sole purpose of administering our services. Your privacy will be respected regardless of whether you provide us with your personal information via our site or other means such as email, phone, fax, regular mail or in-person.
How Long Do We Keep Collected Information
We will keep your personal information during the period of our contractual relationship, extended by the applicable limitation period. Where we do not have a contractual relationship, GO Campaign will keep your personal information for 5 years after the last correspondence with us.
With respect to the processing carried out in order to protect our rights, property and security as well as the one of our users, GO Campaign will keep your personal information for the time of 5 years.
As to the processing carried out in order to comply with a legal obligation, we will keep your personal information for the duration of such obligation.
On the expiration of the applicable data retention period, we will erase or irrevocably anonymize the relevant information.
What Are Your Rights Regarding Your Personal Information
In the EU, you have various rights in relation to the processing of your personal information:
- access to personal information processed concerning you;
- correct inaccurate personal information;
- delete any personal information concerning you;
- restrict processing;
- receive your personal information provided to us (data portability);
- object to the processing on grounds relating to your particular situation (opt-out); and,
- lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
Where the processing relies on consent, please note that you have also the right to withdraw your consent at any time (without calling into question the processing previously carried out).
GO Campaign takes reasonable technical and administrative precautions to prevent the unauthorized access, loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information including protecting the safety of your credit card transactions. All credit card information is transmitted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and is encrypted to protect the security of your information as it is transmitted to us.
GO Campaign recognizes the privacy concerns of parents and the importance of protecting the privacy of the information collected from children. GO Campaign is committed to providing a safe, secure, and educational online experience for children who visit our site. ; however, we require this be done with their parent’s knowledge, supervision, and consent where the child is under the age of 16. We are dedicated to safeguarding any personal information collected online and to helping parents and children have positive experiences on the Internet.
Any personal information you post on our external social networking pages, personally created fundraising pages offered through our site or other public areas such as discussion boards or forums that we may make available will be disclosed publicly by virtue of your posting. Please do not post any information, including personal information, in a public area that you do not want disclosed to the general public.
External Linked Websites
This website contains links to other websites. GO Campaign is not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of any third party.
If you have any question regarding your privacy preferences or personal information you have provided us, please email us at email@example.com or call +1(310) 396-6343.